Monday, May 19, 2014

Vanilla Melon Mint Smoothie

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign 
with Pollinate Media Group® and Nestle, but all my opinions are my own. 
#pmedia  #BreakfastEssentials http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV


Call me crazy but whenever the temperatures start heating up around these parts, I can't bear to start my day by eating a hot meal first thing in the morning. Now that the summer heat has arrived, gone are the mornings where I slave away over the hot stove flipping pancakes or stirring up a batch of chocolate chip waffles. Even the thought of making instant oatmeal makes me cringe.

As the temperature rises outside, I tend to want to start my day with something that is not only light and ice cold but also something that is filling enough to get me through a busy morning of outdoor play and chauffeuring my kids around to whatever camp, sports game or play date the day brings.

Having just had our third baby a mere three weeks ago, I also need something that I can not only prepare relatively quickly (extra points if I can do so one-handed) but also something that is packed with protein and vitamins and can serve as a healthy dietary supplement in addition to other healthy meal choices.   

Therefore my go-to breakfast most mornings of late has been a delicious smoothie. With endless options as to what goes into the cup, I rarely find myself getting bored or tired of them in the mornings. 


One constant, however, is the addition of Carnation Breakfast Essentials. Available at your local Safeway with a variety of ready to drink shakes, powders and bars, Carnation Breakfast Essentials is the perfect protein-packed punch to kick start my busy day. It is an excellent source of protein to help build muscle, calcium and vitamin D to help build strong bones and has 21 vitamins and minerals in each prepared serving.   

One of my most favorite smoothie recipes to make each morning is a Vanilla Melon Mint Smoothie! It has not only become a favorite of mine but there's two little boys in our household who also love it just as much! 

What You'll Need

1 Packet Carnation Breakfast Essentials, Classic French Vanilla Flavor
1 cup Cantaloupe melon (Cut into cubes and frozen the night before) 
1 cup Honeydew melon (Cut into cubes and frozen the night before) 
1 cup orange juice of your choice (Could also substitute Vanilla Almond Milk for creamier flavor)
1 or 2 small mint leaves

A handful of ice cubes can also be thrown in if you prefer a "slushier" smoothie

What You'll Do:

Toss all ingredients into your blender of choice (mine happens to be a Magic Bullet because there's less to clean and I can grab it and go) and blend to desired consistency. Pour into a fancier cup for those mornings when you need a little extra pep in your step and enjoy! It's even toddler tested and toddler approved.


Looking to switch up your morning smoothie routine? I urge you to give the Vanilla Melon Mint Smoothie a try! Light and refreshing, it's the perfect way to start your morning right and I'd be lying if I said it didn't taste a lot like a Creamsicle!  Interested in other delicious recipes using Carnation Breakfast Essentials? Check them out here. Looking to connect more with Carnation? Find them on Facebook too


1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing. I wonder if it would get my kids to finally eat melon!?!

    ReplyDelete