Saturday, November 23, 2013

Cleaner Air, In Your Home, From A Vacuum. Boom.

When I say "HEPA filter" you automatically think, "clean air, " am I right? Or maybe, if you're a Miele #PureAirBlogger you think, "Pure air. Air that I would love for my family to breathe in and out on a daily basis."

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but not all HEPA filters are created equal. What's worse is that here in the United States we have much less strict standards for HEPA filter testing than say, Europe, where Miele is from, which has a much more regimented level of testing and must disclose with each of its products, the level of HEPA filtration achieved.

How does that make you feel? Kind of icky, right? Like you want to whip out a giant magnifying glass and look for all those dirty, dusty particles floating around your home. Particles that are being breathed in by some of your most precious family members.

The good news is, with a Miele vacuum, the promise of pure air is there and you don't have to travel all the way to Europe for it. The only way to clean your home effectively is to remove the microscopic dust particles from the air in your home and then contain them securely until they can be properly and hygienically disposed of. With its closed HEPA filtration system, this is exactly what the Miele vacuum does.  

Here's where some other vacuums fall short. Although they may suck up those gross dirty particles, they do not have a closed system in place that keeps those particles from escaping back into your home. With Miele's 12-Stage AirClean filtration system, 99.9% of all fine particles removed from the air are contained. These particles include dirt, dust, mold, pet dander and other allergens. 



Most importantly, it's the Miele AirClean filter bags that keep those particles contained. Even as you remove the bag, you're removing 99.9% of those harmful and annoying air particulates. How many times have you turned to change your vacuum's bag only to be greeted with a puff of dust and who-knows-whatever-else to the face?

 

Not gonna happen with Miele. I promise. Just pure air. Don't believe me? Take a look at that bag! Thicker than most and without a flimsy cardboard collar that crinkles, crunches and clumsily allows particles to escape back into the air during changing.  

After all, bar graphs don't lie. Do you happen to see your brand of vacuum on this graph? If so, let's just say that I hope it's a Miele. 


Emission Chart

When being tested for the detection and analysis of particulate contamination and verification of filtration performance, the test findings revealed that Miele captures significantly more fine particles, with the nearest brand releasing 21 times more particles per minute. 

I know. I keep talking about these "particles." What's so bad about these particles that can be released back into your home? Well, the Environmental Protection Agency has linked fine particle exposure to adverse health effects including aggravated asthma, chronic bronchitis and even premature death. It is these fine particles that have a greater likelihood of being deeply inhaled into the lungs where they can be absorbed into the bloodstream or remain embedded in lung tissue for extended periods of time. Those at the greatest risk are the elderly and small children.

How's that for a breath of fresh air?

I don't mean to scare you but as a mom to two small children, it's my responsibility to make sure I'm doing all that I can to ensure that they're breathing in the safest, cleanest air possible. 

My Miele makes that job easy. If only it could fix my kids' selective hearing issues... 

Next month, I'll be back to share why I think that Everyone Deserves A Miele! Stay tuned!

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.






No comments:

Post a Comment