Thursday, May 29, 2014

3 Healthy Eating Tips For The Busy Nursing Mother

As a busy mom of three boys, 4, 2, and 4 weeks old, I find myself struggling on occasion to make the healthy eating choices I know I should be making, not only for myself but for my baby whom I am exclusively nursing.

With so much on my plate, pun intended, it’s easy to grab something processed and from the pantry, something that is less healthy and nutritious, than say take the time necessary to choose (or prepare) something  that would be a wiser choice with the extra allotted 400-500 calories per day.
As a nursing mother it’s important to remember that not only will the food choices you make affect your energy level but also your production of milk. That’s why it’s important to maintain a healthy, balanced, well-fed diet while breastfeeding your baby. 
For three healthy eating tips for the busy nursing mother, check out my post on the MARS Healthy Living blog and for additional resources aimed at helping families lead healthier and happier lives, check out the MARS Healthy Living website! 


I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment