Monday, July 14, 2014

14 Day Slim Down From The Waist Down With Slimfast.

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Slimfast, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #14daystoslim  http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV

I am not one of those women who magically loses all of her baby weight in the first couple of months postpartum. Despite how much I might wish that I was, after three babies, I've finally come to terms with the fact that, often times, 10 to 15 pounds hands around for a good six months. I do try to remind myself that my body has done a miraculous thing, growing a human, not once, not twice, but three times and that does make the sting a little less sting-y, the soft, squishy spots a little less, well, annoying

In fact, I've written before about the state of weight postpartum and after baby number three, it looks like I'm traveling down the same road once again. This time, however, it's a little bit different. Collins was born in late April which had me thinking that, come swimsuit time, I'd be able to squeeze myself into a bathing suit and not feel too down on myself about it. 

Well, we're smack dab in the peak of swimsuit season and I can't say I'm too happy and with what I'm shoving into a swimsuit. Think: a popped can of biscuits wrapped up in a tankini with side ruching. I really have no one else to blame other than myself, however. It's not like I've been making the wisest of meal choices, indulging way more than I should in things like donut holes for breakfast and carb-loading snacks throughout the day.

With my husband's side of the family's First Annual Family Beach Trip just around the corner, I'd really like to ditch a little of the bloat and a few extra pounds before donning a swimsuit for the majority of the week and in order to do so, I've realized I need to start with snacking better. 

During one of my recent trips to the local drug store, I noticed these Slimfast bars on the shelves boasting a "14 Days Slimdown" that promised a loss of up to 6 pounds in the first two weeks. This, along with daily walks around the neighborhood and trips to the park, sounded like a great way to jump start a healthy weight loss of just a few pounds before our beach vacation. I've used Slimfast products before, in almost the exact same manner, just a couple of years ago after the birth of my second baby, and saw fairly decent results. 



The 14 Day Slimdown entails swapping 2 meals daily with a Slimfast meal bar, 3 100-calorie snacks, snack bars or pieces of fruit throughout the day, a third meal of 500 calories (I allotted myself a bit more since I'm nursing), 30 minutes of exercise daily and plenty of water to drink. Unlike many other weight loss suggestions out there, this one not only seemed realistic but like one I was capable of doing while mothering my very active lot of three boys under four. 

So, I gave it a whirl. I am ten days into the Slimfast 14-Day Slimdown and I've lost an entire inch around my waist as well as 4.5 pounds. I also find myself curbing my snack attacks with the tasty snack bars and increased water intake. 



The new Slimfast gimme some Greek Yogurt & Honey snack bars feature the goodness of Greek yogurt and delicious honey and are only 110 calories per bar. I'll be honest here- there are much better flavors out there than this one- it isn't my favorite but it does add a little variety to the mix and you know what they say... "Variety is the spice of life," or something like that. Because I know you'll ask, my favorite flavors are Peanut Butter Crunch and Double Dutch Chocolate. 



Snacking has always been my downfall- with not much time on my hands and no real motivation to snack healthy, I'm always grabbing sugar-laden snacks and treats when I should be eating more filling meals and choosing healthier snacks. With the Slimfast snack bars, I find myself feeling satisfied after eating just one and not suffering the usual rampant "snack attacks" I've grown accustomed to indulging. They also do a pretty great job at satisfying my sweet tooth!





For more information, consumers can visit Slimfast on Facebook and Pinterest and sign up for Slimfast Coaching complete with tips from experts, funny videos and motivational encouragement throughout your slim down journey. Thanks, Slimfast, for making me feel less popped-can-of-biscuits in my swimsuit this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment