Sunday, April 20, 2014

3 Fun And Healthy Ways To Beat The Winter Blues With Your Kids!


I can’t believe I wrote this post the last week of March. What ever happened to that saying, “in like a lion and out like a lamb?” It certainly hadn’t ringed true for us here in the snow-covered state of Maryland and even three weeks into April, we're still seeing temperatures dip occasionally into the thirties. 
We’ve spent a lot of time indoors this winter, me and my two boys, 4 and 2 years old. It was around the eleventh snow day and missed day of pre-school that I felt my sanity slowly slipping away. It was then that I knew I had to start getting creative when it came to fun and entertaining activities to keep the boys busy during the long winter days. 
Anyone with boys, especially toddler and pre-school aged boys knows that any engaging activity is a good one but a better one is one that utilizes multiple muscle groups and makes for an early bedtime. It’s no easy feat keeping those little minds sharp and those tiny bodies exercised when you’re spending the majority of a month indoors!
If you happen to be suffering the same seasonal fate as us, I would love for you to head on over to the MARS Healthy Living Blog and check out my 3 Fun and Healthy Ways To Chase Away The Winter Blues With Your Kids! Not only will they get those little bodies moving but they're a great way to pass the time when you're stuck indoors! 
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment